2

It's 2am. I've finished formatting four pages' worth of my very first assignment: A 2-page briefing. There is a nagging feeling within me that this thing is not headed where it's supposed to be, but my brain is shutting down.

I'm trying to maintain a good study-work-life balance, although the brain is screaming at me to become an illegal squatter in school and mug my life away. It's not too good to be home at 10pm every night – I make it a point to dine with the family at least once a week – but ah, the zone! Now that getting into it (the study zone) has become so much easier, other parts of me seem to be regressing: I met up with dear C tonight, and she commented that today I display bouts of ADHD that never existed when she first knew me 10 years ago. Plus the excessive, UNWITTING – 'tis the keyword – use of (rather poor) tautology that was only too unbefitting of an ex-copywriter. Bah humbug.

But I'm glad I tore myself away from leaves and pixels for that 6 hours at least; some things – and people – I must not shelve that I may maintain my sanity. It's strange how God has opened the doors for me in certain 'forbidden' grounds (to which my subversive nature trod with veiled glee) – a response from Him, perhaps, that I may (all's not set in stone yet) be able to get the best of both worlds after all that struggling with what my major was to be. Yet it also means that I must work triply harder with this many commitments. And that I have to relook my commitments all over again.

Comments

Popular Posts