eke

I cannot eradicate poverty. I am no economist, but a sneaking suspicion in me insists that poverty is, to the world, a necessity. I cannot eradicate poverty. Richer nations take advantage of poverty – without poor nations, there won't be poorer people willing to do the dirty, dangerous and difficult jobs for them. I cannot eradicate poverty. With our consumerist attitudes, we indirectly induce poverty. The scheme of things cannot be changed in a day, neither will our minds. I cannot eradicate poverty.

But I can bring eternal riches of Christ to them.


[2] Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples [3] and said to him, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?” [4] And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: [5] the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

(Matthew 11:2-4; Matthew 11:5 ESV)

Comments

Popular Posts