contrite

|kənˈtrīt|
adjective

"feeling or expressing remorse or penitence; affected by guilt"


[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
(Psalm 51:17 ESV)

What is it to truly have "a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart"? How can I, that in all that I do, not rely on my own strength, so that I know it is the Lord who works through me...

Yet I still see so much glimpses of pride simmering within me, and I hate to even hear the words I speak. How can I truly die to my self? To stop seeking for approval in the eyes of man, but God's? That the one thing that I desire and seek is to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to dwell in the shelter of the Lord God Almighty... Woe am I.

Lord have mercy.

Comments

Popular Posts