void.

Whilst I went out to meet Dr J to discuss some SC matters, RoomieA was still cleaning up the room. When I returned and pushed open the door (which is almost never closed), she was gone. And so were her belongings.
How do I explain that sudden void that wrenched the depths of my heart?

Just this January, my bed was empty, and hers was (neatly) brimming with life. Today, it's the opposite. As I did my usual reflections (sometimes the spiritual discipline of sleeping) on the hour-long bus ride home from vocal lessons, I was once again recalling every face that God has put into my life this season, and how I have been saying 'bye' to the same faces now that this season is over. Thinking that I may never see these people again is probably what gets the tears leaking, but once again, I am ever-so-thankful for every face that the Lord has allowed me to love, learn from and grow with. Surely, this is not goodbye forever.
What a wonderful privilege to be known as His children, with Him as our Father!

Comments

Popular Posts