My Father in Heaven.

It was 1am at home and everyone was fast asleep. I took the tatami mat and sat cross-legged in the living room, closed my eyes and told God, “Here I am”. I decided to recount the week that was just past and give thanks. Strangely, it was easier talking to Him than I thought my ADD mind could manage. Whilst I spoke to him about my inability to keep still, a picture came to my mind — I was a child running around in a field, laughing and enjoying the expanse, with God holding my hand as a father would. The Lord spoke to me, then, that indeed He is my father who watches over me even as I explore His creation with wide-eyed wonder. I can trust in Him to pull me back when I reach areas where I should not venture, and that He will pick me up each time I fall. It was a wonderful picture, and it refreshed me deeply. I knew that He was telling me that I do not have to hold back and be afraid of seeking and exploring and enjoying Him because He is my Almighty Father. Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts