TPE #1

Here I type in a cafe with swollen eyes, caused by an allergic reaction to a drug I bought off the shelves in a random medicinal store to curb the pain of cramps. I was hoodwinked by the different name, but from the same family of drugs (no root words to hint at their relationships either) — marketing can truly kill. And bring you weird stares when ordering drinks.

It's my first solo travel experience, with little mediums of communication to the outside world save cafes which provide free wireless Internet (provided you buy from them). It's been nice so far, being able to hear myself think and hear God's voice in my reflections. Being on the road is tiring, but I'm thankful for the experience so far and I'm sure for what is to come. 

Scouting for food in food-saturated Taipei has made me realize how much I tie eating to being with friends; I do not only just live to eat good food, but good company to share good food with matters as much to me too. It's a strange feeling tasting something awesome and not having someone to share my sentiments as we partake. And it is also interesting for myself to observe how my sense of taste, of different foods do harken different memories, just as how I remember different people and places by how they smell.

Tomorrow I head up to a different part of Taiwan to check out some welfare places, and I hope this swelling goes down soon... What a start to the trip.

Signing off, 
Swollen Eyez.

Comments

Popular Posts