2nd week of my final semester, and perhaps at this point, this is the first time I really feel like giving up, throwing in the towel, running to a place where nobody knows me, and sleeping in a nice warm bed for a month. 10 days ago I began fresh enough, raring to go and excited about learning, my heart warming to every gem that falls from the lips of my teachers. But 10 days later, with little sleep and head and heartaches plaguing me, this mountain looms before me, almost impossible to climb with its impeccably polished facade almost devoid of climbing nooks to trace. And what is on the other side? Yet another forest with multiple pathways where I can only see the other side from the mountain top. But I cannot reach there unless I go through that dark and winding pathway, fraught with wild beasts, snares, quicksand, injured animals, fellow sojourners, fresh herbs... And these are all but my imagination, and stories shared by those who have gone before me and left behind letters along that pathway to the mountain.

Emotions press against my chest, holding it down and unwilling to release. My fingers dance towards indulgence for distraction; I don't want to think, yet my mind is in overdrive.

Oh Lord, save me.

Comments

Popular Posts