310718

Today marks the end of my pastoral service in TW. I’m immensely grateful for the grace that this congregation has shown me, and for accepting me despite my youth and flaws. I’ve been really blessed working amongst them, especially in the various areas of the worship service, youth and young adults discipleship groups and the memorable mission trips. Taking stabs at writing songs and distilling biblical truths weekly for the cutest bunch of kindie kids who'd drain my energy after just 20 minutes with them (it's the noise), yet energised by the contentment of knowing seeds were sown. Receiving kindness in the form of in-credible propositions from the old ladies who’d want me as their in-law, and of course the incredible homemade kuehs. Discovering the joys of walking with new believers and conducting small group choirs; the privilege of being with families at innumerable funerals, contemplating and revealing a side of death I no longer fear. Being brought to my knees at the end of Me ever so often, yet lifted up in spirit and truth... The list definitely goes on. Cradle to the grave, they have surely taught me more than what I could give, and I know I enter into this new season sharpened with greater perspectives and deeper reflections.
Ten years ago, I’d never have imagined that (still) sinful and struggling Benita would be led to this point of growth and utter joy whilst serving His Kingdom — and now, to continue sharing my gifts, possessions, experiences and desire for learning and discipleship on yet another platform. The thought of it still daunts me to no end, for I am nowhere near the greatest of minds. But I know that His grace is sufficient, and His strength will be made perfect in my weaknesses. One step at a time, in His good time. This September 2018: L.A., here I come. #SDG

Comments

Popular Posts